Dental Malpractice Lawyer in Vancouver
Routine visits to the dentist are an important component of maintaining your oral hygiene. Your dental care provider has the responsibility to properly diagnose serious conditions and not cause you harm during the treatment. If this duty of care is not met, then the health care practitioner may be liable for dental malpractice and you may be able to claim compensation for losses incurred because of the incident.
Common Causes of Dental Malpractice
If your dentist fails to properly diagnose serious dental issues and it ends up causing you harm, our highly qualified team of lawyers can help prove that the actions taken by your health care professional, (or in some cases actions they failed to reasonably take), could have or should have been avoided.
The most common types of dental malpractice are as follows:
- Unnecessary or lengthy delays between the time you are diagnosed with a condition requiring treatment and the time when your treatment or surgery actually takes place, resulting in a reduced chance of full or partial recovery
- Surgical mistakes resulting in damage including nerve, tissue, and bone damage
- The use of improper or defective dental tools and products
- Complications arising from treatments, removal of wisdom teeth, or other procedures
- Improper or incorrect administration of anesthesia or related complications
If your dentist, orthodontist, periodontist, or endodontist has been negligent or fails to properly diagnose or treat a condition that is contrary to the accepted dental practices or procedures causing injury, prolonged discomfort or pain, contact our Vancouver dental malpractice lawyers at Warnett Hallen LLP.
You may be entitled to compensation if you had corrective surgery, missed work, suffer from permanent damage, disfigurement, or the loss of sensation. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation.