Soft Tissue Injury Lawyer in Vancouver
A soft tissue injury (STI) can occur from trauma such as a motor vehicle accident or fall. Soft tissues are the connective tissues in the body including tendons, ligaments, fat, muscles, skin and fibrous tissues. Common soft tissue injuries are sprains, strains, bruising and contusions.
The pain associated with a soft tissue injury can range from immediate severe pain to a gradual soreness and stiffness that worsens over 24-48 hours. The force associated with the impact of a car accident or fall can cause a violent hyperextension of the connective tissues in your body and is the cause of many soft tissue injuries. These injuries can also occur after blunt force trauma.
Common Indicators of a Soft Tissue Injury
- Sore neck, back, shoulders, and headaches (whiplash)
- Bruising, abrasions or contusions
- Soreness, swelling, stiffness, and pain to any part of the body which sustained a blunt force trauma or was hyperextended
If you have been injured in a car accident or fall, it is important to seek medical treatment immediately for a proper diagnosis. If diagnosed with a soft tissue injury, your doctor may recommend the following:
- Pain medication
- Massage therapy
- Chiropractic treatment
- An exercise and stretching routine
- Other treatment or diagnostics
Soft Tissue Injuries and Recovery
Depending on the extent of the soft tissue injury, the duration of recovery and the amount of treatment required may vary. Medical experts usually categorize soft tissue injuries as follows:
Grade 1 (mild)
- Mild pain, swelling, and soreness
- Slight pain and stiffness associated with movement
- Possible microscopic tearing of fibrous tissues
Grade 2 (moderate)
- Moderate pain, swelling, and soreness
- Difficulties and pain associated with movement
- Partial tearing of fibrous tissues
Grade 3 (severe)
- Significant pain, swelling, and soreness
- Inability to move or apply pressure to the affected area
- Complete tearing of the fibrous tissue
On occasion, recovery can be hindered or stalled by a lack of financial resources to attend the treatment recommended by your physician. Treatment can be costly and bills can add-up quickly. The car accident and personal injury lawyers at Warnett Hallen LLP will help obtain or provide the financial assistance required to ensure you have access to treatment recommended by your doctor. We work with a team of medical experts and treatment providers to ensure you are attending treatment on a regular basis and receiving the medical care required for recovery.
Once your injuries have completely healed or plateaued and the personal injury lawyers at Warnett Hallen LLP have confirmation of this from your doctor and other medical experts, the experienced legal team at Warnett Hallen LLP can begin the process of determining what your compensation should be.
Personal Injury Lawyers
An accident can have a detrimental impact on your overall quality and enjoyment of life, ability to earn and ability to work in the future. If you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident or slip and fall accident, the experienced personal injury lawyers at Warnett Hallen LLP are here to help obtain the compensation you deserve.
The Vancouver car accident lawyers at Warnett Hallen LLP never defend ICBC. We represent injured claimants only. Call us today for more information.