Car accidents in BC are responsible for almost 300 deaths a year and thousands of injuries. People injured by a car, bus, motorcycle, bicycle or as a pedestrian by another motor vehicle may be eligible for compensation from ICBC.
ICBC Settlement Claims
Car accident insurance in BC falls under a public monopoly system that is run by ICBC. If you are a driver with an ICBC settlement claim, you will need to prove the other person is at fault. If you were injured as a passenger in a car accident in BC, there is no need to prove fault.
In BC, all insurance falls under the umbrella of ICBC. This leads to the following challenges:
- ICBC fulfills two roles for each claim by representing both the ‘at fault’ and the not-at-fault party. This essentially means they have a conflict of interest.
- ICBC is an insurance company and their decisions are based on policies and guidelines designed to pay a claimant as little as possible. They will not aim to provide maximum settlements if they don’t have to do so. ICBC is not going to act with your best interests in mind.
- If you are injured in a car accident, you can opt to work directly with ICBC to settle your claim for injuries. However, ICBC is not required to explain the law or the complex set of limitation dates that may affect your claim.
There are many reasons why hiring a personal injury lawyer to represent you will be beneficial in order to receive an ICBC settlement.
Why hire a personal injury lawyer?
- Ensure a fair evaluation of liability is conducted
- Guarantee no limitation dates will be missed
- Negotiate settlements with ICBC
- Conduct investigations on your behalf and benefit
- Provide guidance to the best medical care and support systems
- All communication with ICBC is handled by Warnett Hallen
Vancouver Car Accident Lawyers at Warnett Hallen LLP
At Warnett Hallen, our best rated car accident and injury lawyers can review your case and help you to assess all of your options, which may include filing a no-fault benefit claim with ICBC or other insurance companies. We offer support for your recovery not just legally but also throughout your recovery and your injury claim.
Our goal is to evaluate and work to determine the extent of physical and emotional injuries suffered in an accident, ensure the best treatment possible for recovery, and prepare a strong case for maximum compensation.
The Vancouver Car Accident lawyers at Warnett Hallen never defend ICBC or the insurance companies. We represent injured claimants only.
Warnett Hallen LLP. Settle for more.
Call today 604-737-3300
EMERGENCY SERVICE – AVAILABLE 24/7